KITTYWAYMO'S MORMON MINDSPACE

Happily married doctors wife, ex-husband~ gayldsdentist, blogging is cheaper than therapy

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sundays



Today was high council sunday. The speaker talked about enduring to the end, trials, daily scripture study and truly loving the Lord with all our hearts, might, mind and strength.

I love sundays..i feel fortunate to teach gospel doctrine to 18-30 year olds with dr. h... it is one of my favorite callings! Only one other comes closest, and that was teaching high school seminary, weekly in Arizona. I loved those kids so very much. I love my class! Sacrament meeting was really good today. C. the pharmacist was there, he's on the high council and always makes us laugh, plus he orders supplies for us and gives us the good doc discount. Today the 13 year olds did not have a teacher and c. told them as high councilman, they need to go to my class... he was really funny with them! I love teenagers and teaching in the Church. I've been in YW, seminary teacher and now gospel doctrine to the YSA and I feel humbled that the Lord allows me to have the best callings in the Church!Lol...I need them sometimes more than they probably need us. Isn't that the same with children and grandchildren? I love our kids. We have a big family, i almost wrote the amount of children but i am trying to keep this blog semi anon... my bish says i'm the only one that comes in for a temple recommend and mentions that i drink white, green tea. sometimes my ocd reaches record highs. i want to sometimes write "stream of consciousness" i loved my honors english class in h.s. and advanced eng in college. it was so fun to do various writing experiments.
back to kids, i think Heavenly Father gives them to us because we need them more than they need us sometimes. children give us a chance to set our sites higher, live better, become more loving etc. we have a yours/ours/mine situation and it is fun and interesting! so today my favorite talk was high councilman. He quoted some good scriptures and spoke with the Spirit, everyone was quiet and noone fell asleep! Some points he made and some scriptures I found after related to enduring to the end:

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage: be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9 (besides having a handsome, smart nephew on a mission named joshua, i just love the book of joshua!)

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Mosiah 14:5

"For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." Alma 34:32

My very favorite:

"For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.

"And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise. O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live even so it is with us. The way is prepared and if we will look we may live forever."

"And now, my son, see that ye take care of these things, yea see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, Farewell." Alma 37:44-47"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home