KITTYWAYMO'S MORMON MINDSPACE

Happily married doctors wife, ex-husband~ gayldsdentist, blogging is cheaper than therapy

Sunday, January 21, 2007

What to Expect as a Straight Female Spouse of a GayMormonMan


I've been thinking of this topic a lot lately for the YSA program, ok my fantasy Churchwise would be a course of sorts, you know,
like the Catholics have marriage prep classes. this would be the mormongay/straight temple class... I'm not just yet ready to suggest it to my bishop, but what would be the harm to have regular marriage prep classes that discuss sex, financial issues, backgrounds, children, careers, etc.? ok, but insert the gay partner/straight partner and discuss the same issues...sex, financial issues, temptations, children, etc. etc.

so i came up with my own little list. Please keep in mind this is VERY subjective as in former spouse of gaymormondentist stuff, but i'm sure some things can be extrapolated.

The up side:

1. excellent conversationalist
2. very neat and tidy
3. good dresser
4. fun to eat goodies and treats with, and cook with
5. kind and compassionate and yes, affectionate
6. good sense of humor, scarlet pimpernel meets the simpsons
7. usually very well read. When i met spencer i had a copy of "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" in the trunk of my miata and he actually KNEW that it was not a mechanics guide for women!
8. music, music and more music!:)

the down side:

1. sex
2. sex
3. sex
ok just kidding, relax, remember i like to use humor when remembering my own pain with dr. burnett. (spence)
4. The Dentist 1 & 2
5. Watching the Dentist 1 & 2 with Spence and noticing that there are striking similarities between he and That dentist up on our big screen.
6. Watching the postman always rings twice and fighting over the hottie that comes to take the lead girl away from her boring life.
7. Watching brad pitt in that horses movie, you know, where the girl is in love with brad, but the brother who seems very gay was in love with her instead, i can't remember the name, epic piece...
8. having cute bishopric and hometeachers, not a problem for me, but spence had an actual crush on the first counselor(straight) i used to get embarrassed because i was so jealous!
9. ok, i've been delaying it, not because i'm a prude, i absolutely love sex, here goes...
a. one time spence dressed up as a missionary at lunch time, i'm talking name tags and everything, i will spare details but i did not apparently play the investigator, he wanted me to be the elder burnett!lol!
b. He loved kissing and cuddling, which was very cool, but when i wanted more, i got the brush off. First time in my life, not to be conceited, so it was a shocker!
c. Lack of intimacy in the intimacy...only another straight woman/gayman would understand that reference. No real "connection" no "hot and heavy" its possible, but for me it was nonexistent.
d. One time he announced female genitalia were unattractive and quickly added so was male genitalia. I said "why on earth do you think that?" he said, well in dental school i missed gross anatomy when the male parts were dissected. Ok i thought, what---ev---er!
e. being very feminine and dressing as such (me i mean) spence loved me in his t-shirts and baggy shorts etc, no make-up. He used to take tons, i mean a lot of pics of me, camping, hiking etc. I do believe he was attracted to me and found me attractive. But if i ever did frilly or pretty with makeup etc. he would tell me "it grosses me out!" so i had to dress down, or wear scrubs a lot.
f. I missed out on "the look". i don't mean zoolander! great flick though. I mean the look like "i want you so much" "i think you're hot" you get it.


I guess other concerns would be: complete honesty, which would be painful at times. Children, when and how to tell them?
Jealousy..if you've seen brokeback mountain, which made me cry...a lot! the wife reminded me a lot of myself. I cried for all those involved, and for the hate-mongers who's senseless murder of the boyfriend was so sad.

well, i'm going to sleep, my husband doesn't want me to dwell in large doses about my past, good rx from a very great doctor!

Love, Kittywaymo

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger athena said...

Can anyone please direct me to support for being a straight mormon woman married to a gay mormon man? Im not even sure I want to stay married, and this post really, really resonated. Im struggling, anybody got a resource?

8:47 PM  
Blogger kittywaymo said...

Hello Athena! Love you name being that I am Jewish, Italian and Greek:)

I would be happy to help you. I have helped dozens of women in our situation for the past 7 years or so. We usually set up times when I can call the wife direct (My husband is an OBGYN, and is very supportive in my work to help other women. My former gay spouse was a dentist as you probably read on my site). I have a private email: sheilahunter1@mac.com (well, maybe not that private:) But from there we can exchange phone numbers etc. The first thing I will tell you is know that you are a beautiful, desirable, lovely woman and that this situation is not in any way your fault. He didn't pick you because you had some defect (that's what I used to think about myself) You aren't foolish because you fell in love with a man that happens to be gay. A lot of these men are pretty good looking and charming and pick very beautiful, intelligent, capable women as their choice for a spouse. In a way, the stats made me feel alot better!:) and you should too.

There is a lot of hope for the two of you~ there are much worse situations like terminal illness etc. The Lord will not give us more trials and heartache than we can bear. I look forward to hearing from you, until then, I will keep you in my prayers Athena, Love always, Kittywaymo (PS be sure to check out LDS-SSA.org, especially "realneal's" posts he is the greatest!)

11:40 PM  
Blogger kittychemist said...

hey Athena, just got your email, understand the phone thingLOL! I will w/b from my private email! love kittywaymo

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home